A project to connect our communities


"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" ----Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our Trail Goals

  • To create this trail through the partnership and voluntary action of willing landowners
  • To improve and preserve our sense of community and quality of life
  • To highlight our agricultural heritage and culture
  • To provide a healthy and safe recreational opportunity to all members of the community

Friday, January 30, 2009

Trying a new thing

So you may or may not be familiar with Blogs. I am very new to the concept myself, but I thought it would be a good way to communicate what is happening on this project for those who are interested. This also allows us to open up a dialogue about what is happening that doesn't require lengthy email strings and attachments etc. I am hoping that this is a way for all of us to be a little more active in what we are trying to accomplish with the Valley Trail. My intention for this is to provide the follower of this Blog some information on what is happening as it happens. Because of many reasons the information may be a little vague at times and you won't likely see many specific references to landowners or locations here. You definitely won't see any maps. I will however try to post relevant information as it happens so that you all can be up on things. I would also encourage your active participation through comment etc. As I learn more about how we can use this I will fill you in. This first step though is for you all to subscribe to the RSS feed in the panel on the right side of the page. This will let you know whenever there is a new post and I promise this won't be as frequent as some other RSS feeds you may have experienced. If any of you have experience with this and can give me some guidance, please do. If you are reading this you are part of the FOOT mailing list and I will be limiting members who can see/contribute to this blog to this group at this time. Once we get comfortable with it I hope to make it available for anyone who is interested to be able to join in the conversation. Don't be afraid to let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick- Congrats on joining the social media revolution. I think this is a great way to spread the word and am happy to help you explore other methods as well - ie twitter, facebook fan pages, etc. Let me know if you need help with some of the technical aspects including images, video, maps (oops, I said maps).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Nice summary of the meeting. Frank

    ReplyDelete